Knit Picky: Cats & Yarn
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Cats & Yarn

Last night Le Chat was being adorable. His Furriness stole one of my needle point protectors and started batting it all over the living room while I was knitting on the couch. He would bat it, roll around, bat it some more. So cute. He chased one under the air conditioner, then when he couldn't immediately see it, he walked away and just sort of fell into a reclined position. Until he spied the second point protector. Then the cycle began again. It was finally left to me to recover the lost prey from under the a/c. This is why The Boy calls him Tyrannosaurus Max--if his prey ain't movin', he ain't seein' it. I think the flaw in that theory is that the point protector wasn't exactly doing a jig on the floor next to my knitting bag when he captured it to begin with.

I went to lunch today, and when I came back there was a manila envelope for me with a return address in MA occupying my desk. What could it be? Oh yeah! Superwash yarn, spun by Betsy at 2KTog. Yay! Sooo pretty. The wool is a sort of caramely brown mixed with just-south-of-white white. What a beauty! (Betsy's original picture was pretty 'on' as far as the colors go). I love the way that some of the strands are white, some are brown, and the rest are a blend of thick and thin strands of both.

Now, what to do with it? This is a special yarn (my first online gift from a knitblogger!), and it's so pretty. Betsy said that there's only something like 40 yds, so the project is somewhat limited in scope. Any suggestions? I could do a scarf, of course, but I want it to be something special. Anybody in blogland (who actually reads this blog) have any ideas?



posted by Stephanie at 3:01 PM

1 Comments:

  • Hi Stephanie!

    I'm glad you got the yarn safe and sound and like it in person!
    I think actually there are about 70 yards, did I say 40?
    You can find out by untwisting the skein and counting the strands. Multiply that number by 1.5 and that's your yardage.
    It's probably enough for a hat on fairly big needles.

    Betsy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home