Knit Picky: Grrrr
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Friday, September 24, 2004

Grrrr

So I'm working on the Reverse Bloom Washcloth last night, right? And the petals come out perfectly! Nicely formed, not all squinchy and tiny like the last ones. I was so proud. Then I joined the petals to begin the center of the flower. And that's where everything fell spectacularly to pieces. {sigh}

I'm a tight knitter, right? Well, to combat this fact I went up a needle size. Beautiful. Everything was going swimmingly. Then on row 2 the chenille mysteriously tightened up on one of the petals. I tried to wiggle the needle in delicately to loosen it up a bit. You know what happened, right? Snap! Gasp! Er....what now??? I didn't want to go and rip out everything, taking all the petals off the needles and risking further damage. So I thought I would cleverly add an inc stitch in to get back to 105 st on the needle. Ha-ha! After all, I'm smarter than some dumb old yarn, right? Um, apparently not.

Something's definitely not right. I have a leetle (but definitely noticeable) hole in the petal now! But will I be deterred? Will I listen to the voice of reason that says take it out and do it right? No way, buster! I've got to make 3 more of these puppies once this one's done. I'm going to find some magical way to fix it. I am. I have a plan. It may mean a nice little chenille-y worm sitting on the petal, but it's all to the effect, right? And this will be going to a dear friend--the only people who are not blood-related who are not allowed to complain that your handiwork is maybe just a little too handiworked. They'll love it, dammit! That's all there is to it!



posted by Stephanie at 1:57 PM

1 Comments:

  • Knitting the center of those flowers was SO painful on my hands. I'm a tight knitter too (but knit them on 7s) and the joints in my hand ached after every flower (I did 4 too).

    By Blogger Lauren, at 2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home