Knit Picky: I'm A Bad Girl
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, September 15, 2004

I'm A Bad Girl

Have I gotten any knitting done yesterday or today? No. Why? Because I'm spending wayyyyy too much time playing around with this blog. And signing up for web rings. See all those nifty banners at the right? That was me. I know that to many of you this is not impressive, but I'm something of an anomaly: I work in technology and can write great articles or whitepapers on the marketplace, products, new technologies, etc., but I have trouble with anything but the most basic of site design basics--and I've shown myself completely incapable of working The Boy's complex 5 remote control system for the Bose surround sound system.

So I spent an inordinate amount of time getting those up just so, and am darn proud of myself. Which subsequently means I 'worked' through lunch--well, I did work; it just didn't happen to be on any actual work--where I would normally spend some time knitting and decompressing from the first half of the day.

I also have a bit of a problem for a knit blogger: no digital camera. I'm trying to finish off a roll of regular camera film (worse yet: disposable! [gasp!]), so that I can put some pictures up. Otherwise I'll be breaking Wendy's #1 blog rule--and we don't want that, do we?!

I want a digital camera sooo badly. I thought I'd get one for my birthday last week, but I got an engagement ring instead, so I can't really complain too much. So the dilemma is...should I buy a cheapy "baby's first digital camera" (that's about my skill level anyway), or wait it out till Christmas and beg all the parents and siblings to go in together on a good one? Yea, I guess you're right. In the meantime, what else can I do? I wonder if they have a digital camera at work that I could borrow occassionally...




posted by Stephanie at 4:44 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home