Knit Picky: Models
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Models

Finally, an honest-to-goodness picture! Here's my littlest sister, Lexi (she's 5), displaying the scarf I made her for her birthday. The fuzzy yarn is Adriafil Stars in Peach/Pastels and it is every bit as soft as it looks. Stars is a bit thin and kept tangling, so I carried it along with some acrylic Red Heart Kids variegated rainbow-colored yarn. I made the darn thing so long (probably a good 6') that it is wrapped around her several times. She's very tiny! But I wanted her to be able to play with it and dress up in it if she wanted.


I want to get a head form for blocking hats and for 'holding' them until I give them away (it wouldn't hurt for measuring either, so that The Boy doesn't end up modeling all of them). Here's one that I found on ebay. I'm calling her Kate, because she looks like Katherine Hepburn. What do you think? Is she worth $16 (incl. s&h)?


posted by Stephanie at 11:44 AM

3 Comments:

  • What a great scarf and scarf-modeler!
    If you are not scared of the head, I say go for it

    By Blogger Lauren, at 3:45 PM  

  • a.) I cannot believe that is Lexi. She might as well be an adult, she is so old.

    b.) I think that head is creepy and that you're deluding yourself into thinking that it looks anything like a real person, much less Katherine Hepburn.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 9:06 PM  

  • I found your blog through Jen's One Small Stitch, and wanted to say that I love the idea that your littlest sister's scarf is "dress up" length! That is so cute.

    I like the head, and $16 seems reasonable. Pier 1 has glass ones for $15.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home