Knit Picky: My Acceptance Speech
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Monday, September 13, 2004

My Acceptance Speech

There are a number of people I would like to thank, for helping me get this blog up and running. First, I want to thank my personal yarn savior, Mo Hair, for introducing me to the beautiful vagaries of yarn.

Secondly, I'd like to thank Jenny Smith, without whose stunning graphical talents, this blog would not be possible. Seriously. Without Jenny, this blog would be on a very simple blogger template, and my linking abilities would be severely limited (or, rather non-existent, since she showed me all I know about blogging to begin with). All I gave Jenny for this blog was a scanned image scribbled on a piece of computer paper, and she created the graphics and the design for the site.

And last, but certainly not least, I would like to thank Kathryn Weiss, without whom I would have a very pretty and very useless site. It is thanks to Kathryn's coding genius that this site is live today. Using talents completely foreign to mere mortals such as myself, Kathryn took Jenny's designs and made this thing work so that, frankly, all I have to do here is write.

Thank you, thank you. You are the best kinds of friends a girl can have. Virtual hugs all around. (And while I'm doling out virtual gifts, why don't you down some virtual champagne and caviar from my virtual gourmet kitchen, while counting the virtual cashola that I most assuredly owe you for your efforts.)




posted by Stephanie at 2:02 PM

2 Comments:

  • woo hoo! i love it! now knit something so i can see pictures! ;)

    By Blogger Kat, at 6:05 PM  

  • Wow! I am impressed!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home