Knit Picky: Another Scarf, Another Model, Another Sister
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Another Scarf, Another Model, Another Sister

Here is another sister modelling another scarf. This is Heather. Heather is a 26-year-old Leo who loves romantic dinners and long walks on the beach. Heather is wearing a simply smashing scarf made by yours truly for her birthday (Heather's, that is) in August.

[Back off boys, she's a happily married gal!]





It is the drop-stitch scarf, made with Gedifra's ribbony yarn called...er...oh yeah, Azzurro. I think it's #44. A lovely burgundy color. I held it together with Muench's Fabu in what I think was the Mint/Teal/Rose/Kiwi colorway. Although Jimmy Bean's says that that's a new color and the one I used has been hanging out at my LYS for awhile. [sigh] I guess that's what I get for not having the little skein wrapper with me, huh?

Incidentally, I *do* know that these pics are very dark. I tried to do a little bit with Photoshop on the top photo, but I'm no graphics person. I decided to give up when Heather began to look like she'd had a run-in with a vampire. All I can say is, I didn't take the pictures! Don't blame me!

Anyway, I love the way that this turned out. And I'm not the only one. I'm such a trendsetter at my LYS that 3, count 'em 3, other ladies have done this same scarf since I completed mine. Two in the same colorway, and one in another colorway, but with the same yarns (peachy colors).

Anyway, hopefully I'll have another FO tomorrow to talk about. Happy almost hump-day!


posted by Stephanie at 5:01 PM

2 Comments:

  • OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! You are so inspiring! I'm doing my daughter's scarf long & dress-up length now!!! I'm trying to branch off from scarves to tank tops (no sleeves = it's a good thing as poor Martha would say) but I want to crank out some fun scarf options for xmas presents. I might have to try your dropped stitch creation! The head is creepy, but she also does look a little like a star from the 40's...without her wig maybe. Make the poor girl a hat and she'll be stylin!

    By Blogger Christine, at 8:12 AM  

  • That is a very cute and funky scarf--totally Heather!

    :( I miss Heather! She sent me an email but I have not had a chance to respond yet. Tell her I miss her & love her. :)

    By Blogger Jenny, at 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home