Knit Picky: Kate Is In The Hizz-ouse! Woop-woop!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Kate Is In The Hizz-ouse! Woop-woop!

{Man, is that sad. I'm so not able to pull off the urban slang; I just sound ridiculous.}

At any rate, last night, The Boy played a trick on me. This is one of those times that I would LOVE to have a digital camera.

I came home around 8:30 from my knitting class. The Boy greeted me as always. I proceeded into the bedroom to set down my humong-o knitting bag, and as I came around the corner from the living room, I thought "What's going on? It looks like there's..." I didn't even have time to finish the thought {which was "...a body in my bed"} when I saw that crowning the masterpiece was Kate's head on my pillow, displaying a lovely hat I've been commissioned to make by my mom's friend. OMG. I laughed so hard! The Boy had padded out Kate's 'body' with pillows and tucked her in to my side of the bed. I couldn't stop laughing. The Boy came in to join me and, believe you me, he was quite pleased with himself.

So Kate has joined the family. I'm pleased as punch, although I do have to admit, it was a little unnerving watching Lost in the bedroom with her heavily made-up eyes boring into me. The Boy turned her around to face the wall. In fact, he has mandated that she has to live on my blocking table in the living room because he got freaked out when he was a-moussin' his hair and caught her in his reflection {she wants him}. She's lovely, but it is a bit disconcerting to see a disembodied head in your bedroom. A little too Godfather, for my taste. ;)

***

I have finished something that I was working on (wove in all the ends yesterday), but I can't blog about it because I found out that the future recipient reads this blog occasionally, and I want it to be a surprise. {Since I can't talk about it, why bother blogging about it, right? 'Cause I want to prove to myself and the four others who read this blog that I am occasionally productive.) Once that recipient has gift in-hand, hopefully I'll get a pic to post. Let me just say this: my color-matching skills are, like, competitive level. I could be on the Olympic Yarn Coordinating team. And I'm available for it, should any members of the Olympic Yarn Committee read this blog.

***

Last night was the first of two 'goof proof' classes that I'm taking at my LYS. In the class we're learning how to back out of stitches, pick up dropped stitches without a crochet hook (oooooh), basic seaming and the three-needle bind off. In preparation for the class we had to bring in a 6x6 swatch of garter stitch, and a 6x6 swatch of stockinette. I was working on the garter stitch on Tuesday night, and The Boy asked me what I was making. I told him it was a swatch. In return I got that blank male look where you can actually see the thought bubble that says, "Huh?". I told him what a swatch was and he still didn't get it. So I put it in language that he could appreciate (no, nothing to do with football or NASCAR--although that is an idea for future incidents...). I told him that a swatch made sure that my gauge (TB: "Huh? -- Me: "Just think of it as how tight or loose my stitches are") was right so that I didn't end up wasting yarn. 'Cause then I'd have to buy more. Suddenly he was very encouraging of swatch-making. Hm. Go figure.

***

Well, gotta go work for The Man (no relation to The Boy, tee hee) to fund my yarn addiction. Good thing Knitting Is Sexy, since I'm such a Yarn Ho!






posted by Stephanie at 1:54 PM

2 Comments:

  • a.) The comment about the Boy being no relation to The Man was excellent.
    b.) The picture in my head of Kate still weirds me out, and it weirds me out that she was IN YOUR BED. (although it also is hilarioulsy funny at the same time)
    c.) [sigh] Making a gague is what stopped me in my knitting conquests.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 8:55 PM  

  • (Just in case you don't go back to review old posts, I made a couple of posts on the two entries before this one)

    By Blogger Jenny, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home