Knit Picky: Yippee! It's Friday!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Friday, October 01, 2004

Yippee! It's Friday!

Why I Love Elann.com:

~The fastest shipping in the west

~$2.98 for 152 yds of yarn

~Eucalan

Isn't that enough?

{purr}

I did it. I bought Kate today. With The Boy's blessing, no less. Below is Kate, in case you have forgotten or if you have not read this blog before.


Some have called her creepy (ahem, Jenny Smith), but I think it's just 'cause she's hairless. It's not kind to mock the follic-ularly challenged. Just wait till she has a hat on. She'll look better. Maybe I'll knit you a hat, Jen, and Kate will model it for you. Bwahahaha!

Last night I was knitting a scarf and I had an important epiphany. I'm BEYOND scarves. At least for a little while. I'm tired of the tedium. Sure, they're a great way to use just a ball or two of yarn, but I need more of a challenge. Of course, after I finish this, I'll probably want to knit nothing but scarves (yep, the ribby shell is destined to be my first article of clothing). But I know that once I have hissed, cursed and sobbed through the tank, I'll miss the splendid simplicity of scarves. Besides, I also want to try Rachael's cabled scarf. That would definitely be more challenging than garter or stockinette alone. Cables both intimidate and thrill me. I think that if I conquer them, I will try BPT, like Lauren is doing over at Almost Felted. (Hi Lauren!)

I also want to do the Chevron tank, which Lauren has also done. (I may plague her someday for tips) Someday, I endeavor (hope, wish, dream) to tackle Audrey. Oooh Audrey. In her sleek, charming ribby lines. {sigh} You will be mine, my pretty. I just need experience with, you know, patterns and seaming and lace. But hear me now Audrey: in 2005, we will dance.

Not to mention the Booga Bag (using Tahki Dazzle from, where else? Elann), and a sweater that I have the pattern and yarn for from Austermann (Caprice in a honeygold color {cough, Elann, cough}). Plus about 75 others that I've seen on various blogs or in magazines. Oh yeah, and the 6 bazillion Christmas gifts. Slow going, I'm afraid. I'm no Wendy. Now that woman KNITS. She's like a machine!

Have a knitty weekend, everyone. :)




posted by Stephanie at 4:52 PM

3 Comments:

  • I think you'll be surprised at how simple cables are. You're just rearranging the order of a few stitches before knitting them. I still haven't worn the Chevron tank! For both that and BPT, you have to be pretty comfortable with increases but other than that, they're simple.

    By Blogger Lauren, at 10:21 AM  

  • Hey Stephanie!
    I just cast on some fuzzy feet and popped on the sunflower stitch marker, and I realized I don't think I have thanked you for them! They are great, I've always wanted fancy stitch markers but it's not something I could justify buying for myself. That is the best kind of gift :) My boyfriend brought your card with him to pick me up from my (tedious and horrible) night class a few weeks ago and it made my night :)

    Betsy
    http://www.what-happens.com/blog/2ktog/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 AM  

  • Mark my words: I will never, NEVER wear something on my head which Kate wears first. :)

    Also, that chevron tank is CUTE!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home