Knit Picky: I Am A Lucky Girl
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

I Am A Lucky Girl

Today I walked into my cubicle and there were 3 skeins of Paton's yarn on my chair.

They are: (from top to bottom) Paton's Cha Cha in Hippie, Paton's Allure in Mink, and Paton's Cha Cha in Jazz.



Hmmm. Where did those come from? I spent a few minutes contemplating the possibilities before it occurred to me that my yarn fairy was probably this very nice woman that I work with. We've gotten friendly over the last couple of months, and she knows that I knit.

It was indeed she that gifted me with the three little pretties. Isn't that thoughtful?! Apparently she was out with her husband passing through Chinatown and she saw these yarns in a shop and thought of me! So she said she picked out the three prettiest and bought them for me. I feel so special. :)

I'm not a big fan of a lot of the Michael's/Joann's types of yarns (I know that there are acrylic lovers out there, and I know that acrylic has its practical applications, but I don't like the feel of it, or how it squeaks on the needles--sorry!), but I do like both Lion Brand's WoolEase and MicroSpun, and Paton's yarns. The WoolEase is almost identical in composition (or maybe even identical) to Plymouth Encore, and about half as expensive (although I find less color offerings available in the WoolEase). The Patons are all synthetics--not my favorites--BUT I find them all so soft and squooshy, that their synthetic-ness is forgiven.

What's more, last night I went to Hancock Fabrics for some WoolEase to go with the Paton's Mosaic for my aunt's scarf, and found these:



Top to bottom, they are WoolEase Camel, and WoolEase Mushroom. I didn't have the Mosaic with me, so I got one of each, figuring that one would have to work with the browns in the Mosaic. Well the Camel was perfect, so I was all set to return the Mushroom, until I saw the offerings in my chair today. Mushroom is going to look GREAT with the Hippie Paton's Cha Cha. What a lovely knitty thing to happen to me! I'm so excited to see how they work with other yarns I have in my stash for Christmas gifts.


posted by Stephanie at 4:54 PM

2 Comments:

  • The steamrolled kids are definitely the scariest!

    By Blogger Lauren, at 10:50 PM  

  • OMG LOVE it! I'm all inspired now! I found a ladies mag from the early 60's where it gives the rules of being a good housewife. I've gotta find it now!

    By Blogger Christine, at 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home