Knit Picky: Wanna Go Home!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Wanna Go Home!

Actually, I'm not going home for a loooong time, but I AM going to do something fun in a couple of hours. I'm going to go knit at my LYS for a good long time. With some of my favorite knitterly people. Today is my teacher's last day at the shop, so it's our last chance to knit together (and, for me to pick her brain for how to seam my child's poncho--only 6 rows to go and the knitting is D-O-N-E).

Our company closes at 1 p.m. today, so I'm only about 1-1/2 hours from freedom. How much work have I accomplished today, you ask? Er, pretty much none. It's the lure of a four day weekend, people! It's hard to stay motivated or on track!

It looks like I might be keeping the scarf I knit for my aunt on Sunday. It's using Lion Brand's WoolEase in a camel color and Paton's Mosaic. I think it's too funky for my aunt, and was going to give it to my cousin. But The Boy thinks that my cousin won't like it because she's 'too cool' for these colors (she's 16, he may have a point). So he thinks I should keep it for myself. Considering that on Sunday when I was freezing I realized that I have never made myself a scarf, this might not be a bad idea. The scarf is squooshy and soft. I knit it up in a waffle stitch pattern (YOs and K2togs), so it is sort of airy and angled looking, but it's warm and cozy. Selfish me! Keeping something knit during the holiday season.

I guess I'll get my cousin something that she's more likely to wear. Like Splash. In black. Every teen likes black, right?

Well, I hope you all have a marvelous turkey day and a nice long weekend--I hope you get the long weekend!

Be thankful. Be knitterly. Remember how much you love those around you, even if they are bugging the crap out of you!




posted by Stephanie at 11:35 AM

1 Comments:

  • There's some really cool squiggle colors that knit up SO cute & slightly funky with the splash, you might try that!
    --Knitting Virgin

    By Blogger Christine, at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home