Knit Picky: 5 Days And Counting
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

5 Days And Counting

That's how long it's been since I last knit. I feel like an addict coming down off a drug or something. My fingers are itching for my needles. I want some fibery goodness in my hot little hands NOW. I have never gone this long without knitting since I started learning in February. I have all those fabulous new books to go through and overcommit myself to!

Suddenly The Boy wants to do all these things we haven't done in ages: go to movies, go out to dinner, see friends. When he's hermited away with his nursing books (he's in nursing school, but currently on holiday), I knit. I never realized how much I count on his hours and hours of study to be my alone time with the knitting.

I must knit soon! Is it weird that I miss it so much?


posted by Stephanie at 2:00 PM

5 Comments:

  • Nope, nothing weird about wanting to work your craft. I'd take my knitting with me and knit while I wait for the movie to start, for the food, whatever. Life is full of waiting, so why not put it to good use? People thought I was nuts, but I was so into my work I didn't put it down til the food came, and I did not care. :))

    Tamara
    http://ladybean.tblog.com

    By Blogger Bean, at 6:36 PM  

  • It's been 5 days since my last confession oh uh I mean knitting episode also. I'm going nuts! I totally feel you on this one :)

    By Blogger Vicki, at 2:42 PM  

  • I know how you feel. If I don't knit for a few days my hands twitch.

    Last fall I had to go 2 and a half months without knitting in order to make a big art show deadline, and it sucked out loud. I am the type who knits on the bus, in class, at restaurants... and I denied myself even that, so that there wasn't a little portable project in my purse, compelling me.

    By Blogger jodi, at 12:40 PM  

  • I think the information i have read here has been really useful, as i know a few friends who suffermigraine clinicand one thing that has helped a couple of them is a Bioflow. They purchased them at migraine clinic. It hasn't worked for all of them, but has completely eradicated the problem for one of them, and made the migraine clinic much more bearable for the other. It might be worth a look

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:03 AM  

  • Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

    I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

    Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

    By Blogger jiri, at 5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home