Knit Picky: 5 Days And Counting
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

5 Days And Counting

That's how long it's been since I last knit. I feel like an addict coming down off a drug or something. My fingers are itching for my needles. I want some fibery goodness in my hot little hands NOW. I have never gone this long without knitting since I started learning in February. I have all those fabulous new books to go through and overcommit myself to!

Suddenly The Boy wants to do all these things we haven't done in ages: go to movies, go out to dinner, see friends. When he's hermited away with his nursing books (he's in nursing school, but currently on holiday), I knit. I never realized how much I count on his hours and hours of study to be my alone time with the knitting.

I must knit soon! Is it weird that I miss it so much?


posted by Stephanie at 2:00 PM

2 Comments:

  • It's been 5 days since my last confession oh uh I mean knitting episode also. I'm going nuts! I totally feel you on this one :)

    By Blogger Vicki, at 2:42 PM  

  • I know how you feel. If I don't knit for a few days my hands twitch.

    Last fall I had to go 2 and a half months without knitting in order to make a big art show deadline, and it sucked out loud. I am the type who knits on the bus, in class, at restaurants... and I denied myself even that, so that there wasn't a little portable project in my purse, compelling me.

    By Blogger jodi, at 12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home