Knit Picky: Bandwagon Jumper
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Friday, December 03, 2004

Bandwagon Jumper

I love reading everyone's '100 Lists', so forgive me for jumping on the bandwagon and doing my own. I don't expect you to be fascinated or anything, but it seems fun and challenging to come up with so many things about yourself that are worth sharing! (At least, theoretically)

1. I am a Virgo. Boy, am I a Virgo
2. I am extremely loyal
3. I am pretty shy
4. I don't like to be in big groups of people; I prefer small groups of friends in a casual environment
5. I have lots of acquaintances and only a few friends
6. I've never seen anyone else with my hair color
7. Several times when getting haircuts, I've heard customers ask to have their hair colored like mine
8. I don't plan to ever go gray. I will go auburn instead.
9. Winter is my favorite season
10. I love all the dressing accoutrements of winter (sweaters, scarves, hats, boots)
11. Christmas is my favorite holiday
12. I love the smells of Christmas
13. I hate when shops start Christmas in October
14. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up
15. I'm 29; this is getting ridiculous
16. I really, really want to have kids
17. When I first saw The Boy's profile on match.com in 2002, I emailed my sister and told her that I was going to marry this guy
18. On June 10, 2006 I actually will
19. I am so in love with this guy, it's just crazy

boy_jjscarf

20. I am a Political and Religious Progressive
21. I prefer the word 'Progressive' to 'Liberal', not for the connotation, but because the root of it is progress, and that's what I seek in both areas
22. My best friend is a cancer survivor
23. She has a beautiful name: Desiree
24. I've only known her for a few years, but I feel like we've been friends forever
25. People often mistake us for sisters
26. My other best friend is my [actual] sister, Heather

heather_birthday scarf2

27. She's 26 and married to a very nice guy with the same name as my guy (Jason)
28. I have three half-sisters who are much younger than me (R-L: Rachel is 9; Nikki is 8; Lexi is 5)

ice cream_balboa island

29. I hate the phrase 'half-sisters'; they are not half-people
30. I love my family ferociously
31. They are all nuts
32. So am I
33. My stepdad is a wonderful man; he's been a true 'dad' to me since he came into my life
34. I had never had any ethnic foods until he came along
35. I am still in constant contact with my birth dad; we are close but he's more like a fun uncle than a father
36. I would never tell him this because it would hurt him a lot
37. I learned how to knit in February
38. I am itching to knit something more complicated than scarves and hats as soon as I finish my Christmahanukwanzakah knitting
39. I have a pretty impressive yarn stash for someone who has been knitting for less than a year
40. I want more
41. I am a coward
42. I hate exercise and will only engage out of necessity
43. I lost 30 lbs. on Weight Watchers this year
44. I've gained a lot of it back
45. But I'll try again because I know it works
46. I love yoga and kickboxing, so I'm going to join a gym. That will help.
47. I am a movie fanatic
48. I can quote lots of them, and frequently do
49. My sister (#23) and I frequently quote Friends episodes in casual conversation
50. I know that some people find this annoying
51. My favorite episode of Friends is the one where Ross decides to teach his kid about being Jewish and shows up as the Holiday Armadillo, eager to teach Ben about "The MACabees"

holiday armadillo

52. My favorite book is Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
53. Until I started knitting, I read constantly
54. I haven't reached the point where I can do both simultaneously and I'm not sure I ever will
55. My current favorite TV show is LOST
56. I hate confrontation and avoid it as much as possible
57. I have a strong work ethic
58. Except when I'm blogging
59. Or reading blogs
60. I love to make people laugh
61. I have a twisted sense of humor
62. I have been diagnosed with both clinical depression and Generalized Anxiety Disorder
63. Sometimes I'm a real picnic to be around
64. I believe in therapy and the good that it does
65. I think if therapy were required of every single person, life would be a whole lot nicer in general
66. I love sentimental TV shows that make me cry (like Joan of Arcadia and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition)
67. I also love just about any show dealing with forensic medicine
68. If I weren't so afraid of blood, I would have been a pathologist
69. I'm afraid of a lot of things
70. Spiders and just about any bug top the list
71. I drive a Saturn; her name is Ruby
72. Ruby is my third Saturn, but the first I actually bought
73. I love '80s music with an irrational passion
74. I just discovered that Curb Your Enthusiasm can be rented on DVD
75. It is hy-sterical
76. I don't have cable, so I miss out on a lot of really great programs until much later
77. Like Sex and the City
78. Man, do I love that show
79. I now own the first five seasons on DVD (yay Ebay!)
80. I love Ebay when I'm really stuck to find something
81. My mom was really and truly addicted to Ebay
82. My stepdad had to password-protect the site on their home PC
83. She bought thousands of dollars of things she didn't want because of the high of the bidding process
84. I work in the technology industry
85. I've been laid off twice from technology jobs
86. Am I stupid?
87. I love Dean Martin's voice
88. I own a bunch of his CDs
89. My dad mocks me for this, and says I'm secretly old
90. When I need a pick-me-up, I watch my favorite Doris Day movies
91. Or Cary Grant -- [sigh] he had real class; and looks!
92. I am a serious Anglophile
93. I was definitely born in the wrong time period
94. And country (God Save The Queen!)
95. I think that one of God's cosmic jokes was giving me a recycled body
96. It's falling apart, and I'm not even 30 yet
97. This does not bode well for the future
98. I want to eat healthy and organic, but I don't even know how to get started
99. I love chocolate and sodas, which I see as a real obstacle to better health
100. I have no willpower whatsoever
101. Some people have 'a sweet tooth'
102. I have a mouth full of them
103. I guess I can't stop at 100 (how un-Virgoish of me!)
104. What do you know? I CAN go on and on with this kind of trivia...

Well, I hope I didn't bore you too much. Have a nice weekend!


posted by Stephanie at 3:06 PM

1 Comments:

  • OMG LOVED the list! They usually tell so much about the people behind the blogs! I, too, have started a 100 list...ah well.

    My fave was the "progressive". It sounds so much more powerful and positive than "liberal." I might be having to swipe that term too!

    By Blogger Christine, at 10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home