Knit Picky: FOs!!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Thursday, December 02, 2004

FOs!!

So, yeah, I don't know how to do words that are crossed out in Blogger (is it even possible?) like y'all do with Typepad, so here's a simple list of completed (as in finished, done, off my list and my radar) items from my bazillion Christmahanukkwanzakah knits.

*Mom's gift
*Heather's gift (biggest little sister, she's 26)
*Everything but the fringe on the child poncho #1 (next biggest little sis, she's 9)
*Black fuzzy scarf for picky cousin
*Pink fuzzy scarf for sweet cousin -- I finished this one last night; did it lengthwise, which was different and kinda cool. Unfortunately it resulted in the ends bowing, sorta, if that makes any sense. I used Paton's Divine (Richest Rose) and Paton's Twister (Raspberry Twist).
*Hat for BIL (London Beanie)
*Knitty Sleep Mask for best friend
*5 Reverse Bloom Washcloths (From Weekend Knitting) for various and sundry relatives & friends

I mean, I've still got loads to do, but this is a nice chunk out of the list. I have two scarves that need to be done by 12/11 for our extended family get together for my aunts, and then I can focus efforts on actual Christmas day.

I bought the yarns for both of the aunts' scarves last night, and cast on the easier of the two. I'm doing a simple, striped garter stitch scarf in two shades of Le Fibre Nobili Geisha: this cool purple/blue combo and this really pale blue (almost white). The second one is the airy scarf from Joelle Hoverson's Last Minute Knitted Gifts (couldn't find a picture). I got a ball of GGH's Soft Kid Mohair in a really light, delicate peach color. Once I pound those two puppies out I can get to the real work!

Hope you all have had a nice week so far (mine has just sped by!).




posted by Stephanie at 5:50 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home