Knit Picky: Dammit!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Dammit!

My sister called (the 26-year-old) to have me talk to my very, very sad little 7-year-old sister. Apparently she took her brand new poncho to Disneyland yesterday because she likes it so much and -- you see where this is going, don't you? -- it was stolen.

Nikki (the little sis) was there with the family of her little friend for her birthday. They had a baby with them in a stroller. I guess they all put their coats in the stroller when it started to warm up (presumably the baby wasn't still in it), and somehow they moved away from the stroller. When they came back, it was gone.

Nikki was just crying, and crying and hiccupping. So I got all teary-eyed and tried to calm her down. You know what I did? You know what incredibly stupid, irrational thing I did? I said I'd make her a new one. Of course I did. The poor kid was a wreck. She thought I'd be mad at her.

I told her I was only mad at the mean person who would steal something that was made for someone else with love and care (read the label, you #$%^&* damn sneak-thief; it says Handmade By Stephanie. Do I know you? Then it wasn't freakin' made for you!)

I could get all self-pitying about how I'll never get to make anything for myself at this rate (and of course the thought crossed my mind), but she was the one of the three girls who actually LIKED her poncho and wore it. She will definitely get another one.

I mean, could you say no to this face?

funny face_nikki


Hmmmmm. Fair enough. How 'bout this one?

little model_nikki


posted by Stephanie at 5:37 PM

3 Comments:

  • Man. Some people just suck. out. loud.

    By Blogger jodi, at 6:12 PM  

  • Hmm...Heather never comes to my blog. :(

    Anyway, that picture of Nikki is kinda creepy because it looks like she doesn't have eyeballs. And that's just wrong.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 12:44 PM  

  • Hmm...did my comment not post?

    By Blogger Jenny, at 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home