Knit Picky: It's Not My Birthday, But It Sure Looks Like It
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It's Not My Birthday, But It Sure Looks Like It

Nope, it's not my birthday (that's not until September, remember?), but I have all kinds of gifties. For me, from me. That's right. All the goodies that I've ordered over the last month all came! Within two days of each other!

First up, yesterday's arrivals.

Peruvian Wool_ScarfStyle


Why, it's Scarf Style. FINALLY. I guess ordering from Interweave Press was the right thing to do after all. So many beauteous designs, so little time to knit for me. [sigh] But I am making me a Ruffle-y scarf, no doubt about that!

And underneath Scarf Style , we see copious amounts of Peruvian Highland Wool. Yes, I've succumbed to the mighty Elann's goodness. All you enablers out there finally forced me to order 9 balls of Oregano (light green) and 5 of Tuscany Green (dark green). Breathtaking, eh? I guess one of these days I should actually make something with all this yarn, huh?

And today?

P1010006

Today I got the Adrienne Vittadini Fall, 2004 pattern book. I have been in love with Martina I, on the cover, since the moment I laid eyes on her eyelety, cabley lacework. I certainly can't afford Vittadini yarns, but I can admire the fabulous patterns and dream of how I will someday find that magical substitute that will allow at least 3 of the patterns in this book to become mine. You can actually see some of the patterns here. Beautiful.

This was my first time ordering from Patternworks. They did take kind of a long time to get me my items, but they put a rush on things in the end, so I give them credit for trying. Plus they sent me two free patterns, which is always nice. I'm a pattern whore; I collect them like crazy even though I know I'll never make a dent in the collection I already possess.

In addition to the AV book, I ordered grooved cable needles (on the right, above the name of the book). I'm going to give these a shot since I find the dpns better for cabling, but they are too long and get in my way. Hopefully these'll do the trick.

Man, I wish I didn't have to work and could just sit and admire all my loot. I wanna play with it! I don't wanna work anymore. Being a grown-up sure sucks sometimes.



posted by Stephanie at 3:33 PM

1 Comments:

  • OK, now I HAVE to get that scarf style book. I've seen everyone else getting one and I want one to dangit! Can you hear the whine from there???? I TOO have been in love with the cover pattern each time I see it in a knitting mag I sigh and pet the page, I swear. I'm not quite up to the challenge of that sleeve work yet, but getting the pattern couldn't hurt, could it? just my checkbook! ENJOY

    By Blogger Christine, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home