Knit Picky: Lookie!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Monday, January 10, 2005

Lookie!

Guess what I got this weekend. Okay, well, that's such a vague request that I'll just show you:

P1010005

All blurriness, fuzziness or general picture funkification are more than likely user-error as I learn how to use this baby

Yay! My very own digital camera! Hefee* is an Olympus D575, and we got him at Fry's for $149.99 after in-store and mail-in rebates (normally $199.99). You do not understand how excited I am about this. I just want to play with it all day long. Take pictures of every single thing I've ever knit.

Instead I'll settle for showing you what I did yesterday. Here is my good friend and knitting buddy Denell.

P1010001
She's working on the airy scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts in GGH Soft Kid #63, Sky Blue. It's loverly!

Oh, and as a side note, Denell is not actually possessed by any dark spirits (that I know of, anyway). I guess I'm going to have to use that red eye feature on Hefee, huh?

Here is Denell's boyfriend, Pablo.

P1010002
Pablo says, "Knitting is A-OK with me!"

Here's a really, really bad (blurry) picture of the Irish Hiking Scarf.

P1010004


This is really just to convey the sheer length of this puppy. 68" and counting. I think I'm going to stop at 70". That should be more than enough. You can get an idea of scale by the fact that it runs almost the entire length of one side of Denell's sectional sofa. I wish you could see stitch definition, or the beauteous cables, but I'm not that good a photographer--hence the desire for a digital camera that allows me to view images and only print what is actually decent (I'm famous for taking pictures obscured by my own thumb).

Anyway, I got some gorgeous yarn this weekend (hint: alpaca figures heavily, as does Koigu KPPPM), and I'll take some pictures tonight for posting tomorrow--I love that I can say that now!! God bless the digital revolution and USB connectors.

I .:heart:. my camera



*Hefee is named for Hephaestus (in Roman mythology he is Vulcan), god of crafts. Hephaestus, being a Greek god and everything, lived on Mount Olympus. Like the camera. Hence the name. I'm such a dork.


posted by Stephanie at 1:31 PM

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home