Knit Picky: Oh Wise, Knowledgeable and Benevolent Knitters! Can You Help Me?
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Oh Wise, Knowledgeable and Benevolent Knitters! Can You Help Me?

I would like to get a Nostepinne, but I know next to nothing about them. I cannot currently commit $100+ for a swift & ball winder, but could happily shell out $10-20 for a more manual method. I simply want one that I can use for creating center-pull balls from hanks of yarn.

There seems to be a lot of information about Nostepinnes available on the net, but I don't know which one to get, where to go, who is a really reputable source, etc. I know that there has to be a knitter out in the blogisphere who has purchased one and can give me some tips. Or if you haven't bought one yourself, maybe you know of a good company to buy these kinds of tools from.

A few days ago I read someone's blog who referenced a knitter's resource site that featured Nostepinne's and digital row counters. I just can't recall whose site it was! Those looked really nice, but it's rather pointless if I don't know where I was....

So, any wise and friendly knitters want to point me in the right direction? Pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease with yarn on top??


posted by Stephanie at 2:49 PM

1 Comments:

  • Hi Stephanie...I'm not going to be any help with the nostepinne (I was asking the same question at Rhinebeck, actually, and ended up without one), but I wanted to say I just found your blog and I love your "skin," and that Zimmerman quote at the top is excellent!
    Norma (http://nownormaknits2.typepad.com)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home