Knit Picky: Tagged, Baby!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Tagged, Baby!

Madalyn at Unravel Me has tagged me. You have no idea how exciting this is to me. Madalyn and Vicki (at KU Crafter) have become my most regular commenters (of the 4 or so that I have). They both seem soooo nice, and give me a nice little thrill whenever I see that they've commented on my blog!

I've seen this going around on other knitblogs, and am happy to be asked to join. So here are my answers.

1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
I don't have any on my home computer (I tend to listen to music mostly in the car or at work). On my work computer I have a measly 408MB. I know! I still listen mostly to CDs, so that's it.

2. What was the last CD you bought?
I joined the BMG Music Club thingy and got Sarah McLachlan's Afterglow; Depeche Mode Singles '81-'85; Maroon 5 Songs About Jane; The Cure Greatest Hits; The Smiths' Singles (1995); and Franz Ferdinand (self-titled).

3. What was the last song you last listened to before reading this message?
Mad World, by Michael Andrews, featuring Gary Jules (it's from the Donnie Darko soundtrack, but I got it on iTunes).

4. Write down five songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
Unlike Madalyn's very good reasons for her favorites, I just like these and so I listen to them a lot: The Shins' "New Slang"; Fiona Apple's version of "Across the Universe"; The Fugees' version of "Killing Me Softly"; The Postal Service's version of "Such Great Heights"; and Elliott Smith's "Between the Bars."

5. To whom will you pass the stick, and why?
I would like to pass this on to Vicki because, as I mentioned at the beginning of this post, she is a regular commenter and reader, and seems like an all-around great gal! :)

BONUS QUESTION
6. What is one song or album that you should listen to more often, or an album that you don't have and you should?
Hmmm, I think I should put my new Joss Stone album Mind, Body & Soul into heavier rotation (The Boy gave it to me for Christmas). It's great, but I keep leaving it in the CD player at home for those rare times when I do listen to music there.

Thanks Madalyn for thinking of me!!


posted by Stephanie at 2:33 PM

3 Comments:

  • Arrgh. Now everyone will know of my terrible taste in music. I'll get right on it. Thanks for all the kind words :)

    By Blogger Vicki, at 5:29 PM  

  • I have several Itunes giftcards waiting to be used, so I'm always interested in checking out what other people like, and maybe finding something new to enjoy. And now that you've tagged Vicki, I'll be safe. :)
    Sharon (Knitknacks)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:27 AM  

  • Total amount of music files on my computer:
    iTunes reports 1865 songs, 5 days, 8.59 GB. I have MUCH more at home

    Last CD I bought:
    "Enjoy Every Sandwich", a tribute to Warren Zevon

    Last song listened to:
    "Studebaker" from the above CD

    Five songs that mean a lot to me:
    - "Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" by Traffic
    - "Old Man" by Neil Young
    - "Alleluia" by Fairground Attraction
    - "Exactly Like You" by Tony Bennet/k.d. lang
    - "I'm An Adult Now" by The Pursuit of Happiness

    Song/Album I should listen to more:

    -Bob Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks". I love it, but it's so dark...

    By Blogger NWJR, at 11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home