Knit Picky: Lame, lame, lame
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Lame, lame, lame

I fear that I am grossly incompetent. Grrr. It took me SIX tries to get the tubular cast on down. I read the directions wrong FOUR times and proceeded to do every step wrong. Then I read them correctly, but STILL managed to make a mistake on try #5. So far six looks good (fingers crossed). I mean, geesh, it's only, like 6 rows, but when you're looking at 190 stitches, it takes time!

Oh yeah, this is all in regards to Sitcom Chic. I think I forgot to mention that I was doing this, huh? Or, TRYING TO do this. :) I had purple cotton-ease, and when I saw that I could do this with only 7 skeins, it seemed awfully attractive. Particularly since I plan to someday again lose all this excess weight that I've gained back since November (oh Weight Watchers, how I betrayed thee!). As a result, I don't want to make anything that's necessarily very fitted. For THOSE I want to have lost at least some of the weight. But Sitcom Chic is a nice, open cardigan, so in theory I should be able to wear it now and after losing some weight.

I'll take a picture of my itsy bitsy progress today and post it tomorrow. So long as all goes well...

Oh, and the job hunt is on. Thanks for the kind words! I've had two phone interviews and one in-person interview. It sounds from the second phone interview as though I may have another interview in the next couple of days. I have submitted for 24 jobs so far, so hopefully we'll see some good progress soon! :)


posted by Stephanie at 10:09 AM

1 Comments:

  • 24 applications? You're on top of things! I guess you don't have that much choice, but sakes. I don't think I've ever heard of tubular cast on. 6 isn't terrible, expecially if most were reading errors. :)

    By Blogger Vicki, at 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home