Knit Picky: Nothin' But (Stocki)Net
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Monday, February 28, 2005

Nothin' But (Stocki)Net

Here are some pics to distract you from the fact that my Sitcom Chic is just inches and inches of stockinette.

First the Sitcom Chic:

P1010021

To answer a couple of questions that I've gotten, Vicki: the Kacha Kacha counter is the red thing there above the knitting. You just click the button on the top to help keep track of your rows. Lynette: the yarn is Cotton-Ease in Sugarplum, such a pretty purple. This picture is kind of dark, but pretty true to color. I'm about 13.5" in. I need 1" more before the armhole shaping.

The design of this sweater is pretty darn cool, since there are no front and back pieces to seam. The sides are knit in one piece with the back.

******

Here is a picture of my (bio)Dad showing off his scarf (Just Peacey). Looking at him, you can no doubt see why this was the perfect scarf for him.

P1010015

******

And now for some adorable shots of The Beast:

P1010018

What a happy cat. He probably wouldn't be so happy if he understood that I'm home due to unemployment, and unemployment could eventually cut into his pricey kitty food budget.

And now for a close-up. I tried to get one where he wasn't blinking. The Boy said that I was going to blind him (The Beast) if I kept snapping pics.


P1010024


Awwwwwwww.


posted by Stephanie at 9:54 PM

3 Comments:

  • The scarf does seem to fit him. Are you raising a spoiled kitty? Good :)

    By Blogger Vicki, at 3:26 PM  

  • I like the idea of NO SEAMING! I may have to think about this sweater too!

    By Blogger Christine, at 9:26 PM  

  • Hi chicadee, just checking in as we haven't seen a post in a while, hope you're doing good, knitting lots and coming up with new post material! We miss reading you!
    C

    By Blogger Christine, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home