Knit Picky: Nothing Much
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Nothing Much

I've been working on my Sitcom Chic. I'd show you a picture, but it'd be pretty boring right now, just a few inches of stockinette on 24" circulars. It's quite nice, and the Cotton-Ease is really soft. My first increase row is a little wonky, with little gaps that had me worried. I showed it to Midge (teacher at my LYS), and she said I was doing the M1 right, but I was pulling too much and stretching the yarn a bit. My second increase row looks great.

I also got something yesterday that I've been wanting to get for awhile. A Kacha Kacha row counter. I love the name. At the end of every row I can't help myself, I have to call out "Kacha KaCHA." Hee.


posted by Stephanie at 5:31 PM

2 Comments:

  • I can just picture it. Kacha Kacha counter? Never heard of it. I have a couple counters but my fave is a peg counter. It's so fun to move the peg and it has sections for rows, pattern rows, dec/incs and everything. I love all the fun little stuff that goes with knitting :)

    By Blogger Vicki, at 7:43 PM  

  • our friend Abbey uses people as "human kachas" when she is KIP'ing & doesn't have a kacha on hand. It means she shouts out things for us to remember, like KNIT ROW. I dubbed it "Knittourrettes". Enjoy your gadgets! :)

    By Blogger PlazaJen, at 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home