Knit Picky: A Completed Sweater, A Monster Sock, & My Boys
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Monday, March 28, 2005

A Completed Sweater, A Monster Sock, & My Boys

As promised, a picture of the completed Sitcom Chic in Sugarplum Cotton-Ease. Ain't she pretty?

P1010005

Although the color in the pictures is not entirely accurate, you can get a pretty good idea how Sitcom Chic has turned out. Everyone in my LYS wants to make one now. And here's a close-up of the eyelet section.

P1010007

Coming up next is my second sock ever. Did I ever mention the first one I made? The one that was soooo narrow around the ankle that I couldn't put it over my foot? Or that was much too short? The one that I plan to donate to a one-legged anorexic?

I have started one for The Boy. He felt that after a year of cheering on my knitting efforts, I should make something for him that he would actually wear (I told him a sweater comes later this year). Thus, the socks.

I had 400 yds of indigo cotton from Elann.com that I ordered almost a year ago with the intent of making socks for The Boy. So I dug them out and got started. The problem, of course, being that it was not actual sock yarn, so I didn't really know what size needles to use, or how big they would turn out. And I didn't really have a clue how to swatch to make sure these would fit his giant hobbit feet. And so...The Monster Sock.

P1010011

It doesn't look TOO bad when it's on The Boy's foot. Right? It is a bit bunchy, but he could wear it around the house. I'm really not sure if I should even make a second sock to match this one. Maybe I should just suck it up and buy him some sock yarn. Or, better yet, ask him to buy some. Heh. Any suggestions out there from you sock experts??

P1010003

Lastly, here are my boys. Aren't they cute???

P1010001


posted by Stephanie at 6:38 PM

1 Comments:

  • I like anyone who has a salt shaker on her table...my kind of person! Knitting is nice too!

    By Blogger Mitchypoo, at 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home