Knit Picky: A Quick Question
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Quick Question

I just started a pair of socks with my bee-yoo-tiful Artyarns supermerino (see last post) in the fabulous lime, yellow and blue tones, and I'm doing the feather and fan pattern from Socks, Socks, Socks. I started the sock on size 1 Clover DPNs and I HATE them.

They are, of course, fiddly -- the very nature of size 1s I'm sure. But more than that, they are kind of flimsy. They are bending in the middle, just from me holding them. I do not think I will buy them again. I really prefer the Crystal Palace bamboo DPNs that are only 6" long anyway. (Which is weird since I'm not a huge fan of CP straight bamboos.)

Has anyone else ever had this problem with the Clover DPNs?


posted by Stephanie at 5:09 PM

1 Comments:

  • I don't notice mine bending so much, but I snapped one on my last pair of socks. I'd say maybe try metal ones. I would think they might be more sturdy, but that's just a guess. Or of course the not-so-helpful (to me at least) "just knit looser". Good luck :)

    By Blogger Vicki, at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home