Knit Picky: Pinwheel-y Goodness!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Pinwheel-y Goodness!

Look. It's pictures of my pinwheel blankie. Yay! (Well, technically, it's not MY blankie, so much as it belongs to Shalom, who got it as a wedding gift. From me. Minor details, right??)

P1010011
Click thru and look at it in the large size. It's awesome! The Noro is fabulous for the rings, and the Steadfast fringe is gloriously plush. Oooooh. (By the way, ignore the heinous blanket underneath it. We were at the wedding reception/picnic and it was my last chance to photograph the pinwheel.)

And a close up of the fringe:

P1010012
Again, indulge yourself, and click thru to look at the big picture in Flick'r. Those colors are just unbelievable. Now you can see why I didn't want to give it away!!


Pattern: Pinwheel Blankie

Yarns: Noro Silk Garden #37 for the body; Steadfast Fibers Wonderful Wool (the purple one at the top) for the edging and the fringe

Needle: Size US8 Addi Turbos (circular, of course)


Must.Have.My.Own.Soon


posted by Stephanie at 6:23 PM

7 Comments:

  • Oh, that's beautiful. Wow!

    By Blogger jodi, at 7:16 PM  

  • That blanket looks great! Now i want one too!

    By Blogger karrie, at 7:29 PM  

  • Wow! It looks great. I love the stripes/rings of Noro, and the wool looks great for a border/edge. How big is yours, and how much of that Noro did it take. Not that I'm planning anything...

    By Blogger Vicki, at 8:35 AM  

  • It's gorgeous!!! Great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • Woot! Glorious! Great Job!

    By Blogger Shelly, at 1:42 PM  

  • that is beeeyoootiful. And you did an amazing job, your stitches are perfect & I can honestly say I've never had any fringe I've done turn out that well. Bravo!

    By Blogger PlazaJen, at 9:59 AM  

  • unbelievable! I love that noro silk!

    By Blogger Christine, at 11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home