Knit Picky: Yeah, so...I'm back. Yeah.
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Yeah, so...I'm back. Yeah.

[sigh]
So I did deliver the beloved pinwheel blankie to much gratifying oohing and ahhing at the wedding. But that's only sort of what I'm writing about today. In fact, I'm not writing much because I give you....[drumroll]....

PICTURES!

P1010028
P1010029
P1010026
The Boy gets a real live pair of socks! Note the short ankles. Because the basic sock pattern called for 459 yards of sock yarn, and I had 400 yards of indeterminate splitty cotton from elann, I thought I'd outsmart the pattern and shorten the cuffs by 2". Know what? I have about 150 yards of splitty cotton left. And the bunchiness. I guess it helps to take into account the skinny ankles of the recipient, eh? And maybe to not use worsted (?) weight splitty cotton. The genius. That is me.


But wait, there's more!

P1010037
P1010033
It's a basket! No, wait, it's a rasta hat! Actually it's the pinwheel blankie in progress. (Please ignore the disaster of the room behind Kate the Magnificent's lovely bald head, please.) You'll have to wait for the picture of the finished goodness because it is still trapped on my memory card (hey, I finally figured out how to upload these, what more do you people want from me!?). You really must admire the pinwheeliness of the blanket. It's something to behold, my friends. I'll try to remember to upload the finished blankie picture and the current feather & fan sock in progress (the sock that will not die, don'tcha know) in the next couple of days (am I delusional?). Oh, lovely Noro. Ohhhhh. Look at those colors!


And just because it's my blog, gratuitous shots of The Beast.

P1010032
P1010030
Apparently The Boy shot these at around 4:30 in the morning while The Beast and I slumbered. Fortunately for The Boy, I do not show in these photos. That would have been a clear deathwish. But isn't The Beastie sweet? Ahhhhh.

Right. Well, that oughtta hold you for a bit. :)

Hope all is well in blogland, and I'll try to post again this week.

Oh, I almost forgot! I teach my first knit class on Saturday (beginning knitting) and I'm terrified! Any pointers from the experts out there???


posted by Stephanie at 10:02 AM

4 Comments:

  • Just be calm and cheerful and know your stuff. And don't get frustrated with the one person who can. not. do. it. Because there will be one.

    BTW. I'm kind of a slackass and I haven't gone out and rounded up the candy I'm going to send you yet. Don't fear, I haven't forgotten! And now that I'm no longer employed I think I will have time to do it soon ;)

    By Blogger jodi, at 11:58 AM  

  • The blanket is so pretty! I love the colors. Good luck with your class, I'm sure you'll be amazing :)

    By Blogger Vicki, at 5:42 PM  

  • just remember to breathe - you'll do fine! remember this is supposed to be fun and it is when you figure it out..so they will figure it out, too! you might have to stand on your head a couple of times, but they'll get it!
    cathy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:29 PM  

  • I am looking forward to the shots of your finished blankie. I had the same thing happen with the one I made - I love it so much I feel like it is meant to be mine. But still I am going to send it off today... or tomorrow... because gifts are meant to be given...

    Good luck with your class.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home