Knit Picky: Is This What Is Known As The Home Stretch??
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Monday, August 29, 2005

Is This What Is Known As The Home Stretch??

I may finish TBSTWND yet! This weekend I knit like a maniac and I finished the button band and edging for both fronts, I wove in all the ends for the fronts and back, and last night (after about a dozen fits and starts) I seamed the shoulders. Ya-Hoooo!

I can't believe it. Tonight I will start to pick up the stitches for the collar and knit that. Then it's attaching the arms and seaming the sides and then I shall be -- dare I say it? -- DONE. I never thought this day would come! I'll try to get some pics tonight to commemorate this momentous occassion.

Last night I really wanted to take pictures, but The Beast was sleeping alternately in my knitting bag or in the space created by my legs when I sat cross-legged. I didn't want to disturb the uber-cuteness too much. I'll try to remedy that tonight. And maybe capture a picture of The Beastie sleeping in my knitting bag. It is unbelievably cute.

Oh, and since I still don't know whether it's kosher to post pictures of me teaching the kids' beginning knitting class about a month ago, I don't want to take any chances. But my little sister Nikki, the 9-year-old photo ham, has reminded me that I can post pictures of her. So I will.


posted by Stephanie at 2:25 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home