Knit Picky: Vital Signs Indicate That There is Still Life
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Vital Signs Indicate That There is Still Life

I know, sometimes it's doubtful.

There's just not much knitty stuff happening. I'll try to get a status picture of The Baby Sweater That Will Not Die (TBSTWND), but it's just pieces. Nothing too exciting. Tonight I will begin to pick up stitches for the button band down the front sides. Then there's the collar. And, oh yeah, that pesky seaming. [sigh] This kid is going to be seriously too big for this thing by the time I'm finished with it.

Which wouldn't be the end of the world, frankly. After all this work, I want my own kids to have it. When I have kids. Someday. (For now I'll just worry about the wedding in 10 months, thank you very much!)

I'm so behind on all these self-imposed knitting deadlines. I just want to be doing something NEW. When I finally finish TBSTWND for Ian, I will need to finish my second feather & fan sock. Yes, it malingers on in it's clever little carrying tube (a cardboard wine holder from Michael's).

The baby sweater virus has also prevented me from making my sister something for her birthday, or making myself a pinwheel blankie. So those are on tap, too. I'm going to make the sister some of those fingerless gloves. My LYS has just gotten some Lily Chin merino/cotton yarn that I think would be great for this purpose. And they also just got some new thick & thin wool with amazing varigations (varigation-ness?). Perfect for a pinwheel blankie. And I have a few things to be considering for The Boy for assorted upcoming holidays. [Le sigh]

Oh, and no word yet on the knitting class for Girl Scouts. Apparently their troop leader is really, really bad at returning calls. So I'm off. Ole!


posted by Stephanie at 2:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home