Knit Picky: GASP! Is that what I think it is?
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

GASP! Is that what I think it is?

Yes, it is indeed an FO. Never thought you'd see the day these socks would make a re-appearance on this blog, did you? I sure didn't! They got sidelined for birthday knitting and Christmas knitting and toy knitting. Then I did a capelet, and a neckwarmer and I was out of stuffing for more Beans (more pictures to come later this week). So what to work on? Oh, how about those sad socks sitting in the discard basket?

Hmm, why did I put these down? They were fun. And beautiful. And pretty satisfying, even with all the counting problems I had! (Me + many YOs and SSKs and K2togs = one good challenge) It wasn't exactly a hard knit, just one I had to give greater attention to than I'm used to doing.

Well, without further ado, the Feather and Fan socks using Artyarns Supermerino!

First finished socks _1
Lookee! They're done!

Happy Feet
Check out those toesies!
(Hmm, the left sock looks like the toe area is much bigger than the right. That's not the case. They are equivalent measurements and I matched them right up against each other. Must be my foot with the problem. Or an illusion created by the yarn.)


Upside down
I love the colors and the bright shock of the patterning from the dye. I'm not at all particular about my socks matching. In fact, I love the surprise inherent in knitting with hand-dyed yarns and not knowing what will happen next.

da soles
I know this picture isn't great, but it gives you a view of the soles and how differently they turned out. On the left we have flashing. On the right, teeny stripes. I love that! Obviously I ended up working with 2 skeins here, from different dye lots (that's what happens when you *think* you can make it on one skein and run out with half a foot and a toe left to complete!). One sock is really vivid, while the other is more muted. Does it bother me? Not a whit!

The colors are true in all but the last shot. I love these socks and I think I'm about to embark on a sock knitting jag. I didn't want to take them off after putting the completed pair on last night. So soft, so pretty. Such an awesome pattern (from Socks, Socks, Socks).

I'm so happy and can't wait to cast on the next pair of socks. Really. I WANT TO GO HOME AND KNIT SOCKS NOW!

posted by Stephanie at 5:03 PM

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home