Knit Picky: Oh, You Lucky, Lucky Childrens
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Friday, March 17, 2006

Oh, You Lucky, Lucky Childrens

FOs! From me! Whoda thunk it?

capelet

A capelet - a woman at my LYS was making it and I thought it was purty and might be useful in London in June (!!). I don't know how it really looks on me due to my, erm, overly generous serving of bustiness and midsection. But I think it is beautiful. I used just shy of 5 skeins of OnLine Rush in 0007. Glorious colors!

button closeup

A close up of the amazingly perfect buttons I also found at my LYS. She was trying to get rid of these two-tone shell buttons in wine and orange, an unbelievable match for the Rush, and they were 50% off. I bought all five.

neckwarmer

Please ignore the fact that I look practically dead without any lipstick on. The pitfalls of being a natural red(dish)head and possessing translucent skin.

Then one evening, I'd finished everything I'd been working on, and still had two more of those gorgeous buttons. And two skeins of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk in a rich garnet/wine/burgundy color. Three hours later, voila! A plush neckwarmer. I am getting good use out of it, and I love the richness. (Although the yarn is surprisingly itchy on the back of my neck.)

Which brings us to the current WIP. Told ya I was about to start a sock jag. You have no idea.....

sock_in_progress


And some gratuitous cat and yarn photos. Because I can.

Inari Knits5
Inari Knits3

Have a lovely weekend, y'all!


posted by Stephanie at 6:01 PM

1 Comments:

  • LOVE it! Where'd you get the pattern for the capelet? AND btw, VERY cool patterning on the artyarns socks. I am totally addicted to that yarn, it's such fun!

    By Blogger Christine, at 8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home