Knit Picky: FO Shizzle!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

FO Shizzle!

Man, I so shouldn't use slang. Anyhow, I have actually been knitting. To whit:

An unusual knit for a thirtysomething's birthday, yes, but she seemed to like it fine.

FrankenBear
The intermediary phase between roadkill (see post below) and finished toy.

The Bear Drives
Happy Driving Bear

Happy Drivin Bear
The finished bear, in all his glory.

Again, I used the pattern referenced here. I used all kinds of scrap yarns for the body and accessories. I am hopeless with toy faces, so after countless failed attempts, his mouth is actually a little piece of red I-cord stitched down.

Interesting bit of trivia for you: the bear was completed while observing a wedding at our church to give us ideas for our ceremony in June.

I would like to be working on socks right now, but my boss' baby shower is on the 20th, so I'm busy working on some baby uggs for her little guy, debuting in May. Below is a pic of the first bootie underway. They are worked from the bottom up, so they start to resemble a nose after you knit the short rows to make the toe.

Baby Ugg Beak

I did swatch for some socks in the Stargazer Lily colorway in Knitpicks' Sock Garden. I swatched the Laburnum design from Sensational Knitted Socks, but I'm going to have to learn to do toe up since I've always done cuff down.

And that's my wildly exciting knit life at present. I'm not feeling too well, so I haven't been able to knit too much in the last couple of days, but I'll get there.

Happy knitting, folks.


posted by Stephanie at 12:55 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home