Knit Picky: A Post! From Me! With Lots of Pictures, Even!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Friday, April 21, 2006

A Post! From Me! With Lots of Pictures, Even!

I did not join Lolly's Project Spectrum because I know me. And knowing me, I know that the surest way to keep me from finishing something is to put it on a timeline and make it feel compulsory. Hence the almost complete lack of sock knitting since I joined SYAC.

Having said that, I find myself very aware of the colors of Project Spectrum nearly daily since just about everyone in knitblogland has joined, and I read Lolly's blog nearly everyday. This is the best way for me to be a part of PS. I can include stuff when I really, really want to, and not because I feel like I SHOULD.

Below are a few things that caught my eye because of their colors.

Orange and yellow flowers
I believe this is a type of lily? I took this picture in the courtyard of our apartment building. The vibrant colors have just been beckoning to me all of April.

daisies and others
More pictures from our building.

silk flowers1
An endcap display of silk flowers at TJ Maxx

I also finally got my Hill Country Yarns order from DiscountYarnSale.com. It took them forever (well, back before April 1 when SYAC took effect--have I mentioned my complete lack of patience?) to process the order, but once they sent me the email that it was shipping, I got the package in about 3 days. Here are the absolutely gorgeous skeins that came. Well worth the wait.

Hill Country yarns
On the left is Chocolate Covered Kisses, and on the right is Indian Stone. Are those gorgeous or what?!

And I wasn't the only fan. A couple minutes later Inari came sauntering over to check out the haul.

Inari investigates2
(On the right is Lorna's Laces in the Knit Happens colorway for skein size reference)

Yarns on the cat

Loving those yarns
Inari quickly took over. She seemed to think they were her yarns.

Now, brace yourself folks. You are about to be overwhelmed with cuteness. This picture deserves to be in calendars, on posters and on every knitblog ever.

Cutest Picture Ever
Inari makes herself comfortable

And just so The Original Beast doesn't feel left out:

Sphinxy
Max says, "Have a good weekend, everyone. Relax!


posted by Stephanie at 3:03 PM

1 Comments:

  • Had fun browsing your blog, Stephanie! Love seeing all those sock yarns, your baby booties (adorable and so worth the trouble), the stuffed bear, and your sweet kitties. Knit on!

    By Blogger Laura, at 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home