Knit Picky: Here Come the Knits!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Here Come the Knits!

I mentioned in my previous post that I was working on a wedding knit. Well, here it is. I'm happy to unveil (so to speak), Bride & Groom Bean!

Here's the happy couple, posing on the fancy schmancy box where I keep Martha Stewart (well, her MS Living magazines, anyway).

bridal pair1


The lovely bride:

The Bride2
The combination of her white 'dress' and the lovely sage green 'necklace' she's sporting reflects my wedding colors.

And here's the groom:

The Groom2
Don't you just love his glasses?

The other thing I knit this week was a washcloth based on my friend's grandmother's handwritten pattern. The Boy had the last rotation of his nursing school career on Tuesday, and wanted to give his teacher nurse a nice gift. He bought her a selection of goodies from Bath & Body Works (picked out by yours truly, in the lovely Sweet Pea scent), and I made her the washcloth to go with all the pretty pink bottles.

washcloth3
The yarn is Lily Sugar & Cream (forgive the blurriness)

And then some random pictures from around the house and at work.

Maxinthebasket2
My little beastie found a new favorite place to sleep, in The Boy's laundry basket.

Bunny up close
I couldn't believe how close this bunny let me get

Single Rose
This beautiful flower and the next were both caught at work. Right near the bunny, actually.

Twin Roses


What are you knitting now?


posted by Stephanie at 2:10 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home