Knit Picky: Back From the Dead!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Monday, July 17, 2006

Back From the Dead!

Actually, back from a) wedding, b) honeymoon, c) icky, horrible virus. For more details, see my other blog.

On the knitting front, I have been a completely lazy slacker. I did NONE of the socks I thought I would do on my trip. I thought I would take some great pictures of socks lounging around Westminster Abbey or Blarney Castle or similar, but when it came down to it, I was in thrall to the locations and never touched the socks.

I did start a Clapotis (as if you need the link). Yes, I am the last person in the Western World to take on this project. But I was being forever picky about my yarn selection. I wanted a variegated colorway with good yardage that I could actually see myself wearing. I wanted a yarn that was durable and felt nice, but that didn't cost me a fortune.

Finally I selected Lorna's Laces Shepherd's Worsted in the Vera colorway (why, yes, I do have the LL sockyarn in that colorway, as well, why do you ask?). It's so beautiful, feels delightful, and all told was just over $50 for about 630 yds from The Knitting Zone.

Unfortunately, I discovered that traveling in the motorcoach and knitting didn't mix well, so I only accomplished about 5 repeats of the increase section. I've done more this weekend, though. I'm now on the second repeat of the straight section. Yay!

I have much to tell you about the trip, and particularly shopping for yarn in the UK (London! Kilarney! York!)--after all, this is supposed to be a knitting blog! Hopefully will manage some pictures for you in the not too distant future. I would also like to take some time at a later date to tell you about some great online yarn and accessory shopping experience that I've had in the not-too-distant past. Real gems! I will try to blog more this week so that I can stop being so pathetic. Le sigh.


posted by Stephanie at 5:45 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home