Knit Picky: Still Knittin' on Clapotis
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Monday, August 28, 2006

Still Knittin' on Clapotis

I know I haven't posted in a bit, but I don't have much to share. I've been pretty project monogamous with the Clapotis and I now know for certain that I am the slooooooowwwwwest knitter ever. So.Slow.

I still have three repeats of the 12 row "straight" section, the whole of the decrease section, and the final rows. And I've been working on this since June. I did take off about two weeks in July to knit baby stuff for a friend (I'll try to remember to post pics), but other than that, it's been all Clapotis, all the (knitting) time.

I love the pattern. I think Kate Gilbert is a brilliant designer. I love the construction. I love the yarn. I am enjoying it a lot, especially now that I can knit backward instead of having to turn and purl. But it is going to take me the rest of my natural life, I'm pretty sure. There's not much point in posting a picture since everyone in the universe (except for maybe Pluto-ites) knows what it looks like.


posted by Stephanie at 5:06 PM

1 Comments:

  • OOoh, lucky you! I hear those are nice!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home