Knit Picky: A Surefire Way
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A Surefire Way

First, a couple of pictures of the yarn stash cleaning/organizing.

My creation
I'm still getting the hang of this.
On the top are the 'Afters' and the bottom are the 'Befores'.
Holy Moly do I have a lot of yarn!

On to the post...

A surefire way to kill my enthusiasm is to make it compulsory. Or at least expected. A couple of months ago, high on having just completed my third pair of socks, I joined Summer of Socks and the Traveling Sock knitalongs. I was just about to get married and leave for my honeymoon.

Confessional Time:

I haven't done a lick of work on socks since then. Sorry 'Summer of Socks'!

I did not take pictures of socks with famous monuments or interesting locations while in England, Ireland, Scotland or Wales. There goes 'Have Socks Will Travel.'

Ugh. I mean so well. And these -alongs are so brilliant and thoughtfully planned and managed. If I'd had a swap partner for this, I would certainly have tried a lot harder because I would never want to let anybody down. But when the only recipient is me (or, um, my new husband), my knitting mojo goes on hiatus.

Repentance:

Because of my failure to complete (or, uh, start) these projects, and indeed my general loserishness, I have removed those links from my blog.

Something New (to me):

Having said all that, I have signed up to join the International Scarf Exchange. No, really. This one I can handle for the following reasons:

a) I'm not currently getting married or going on my honeymoon (I believe this will make a big difference)

b) It's a scarf -- much more my speed

c) I have loads of time to do it in -- it's not due to mail until the end of October/beginning of November

d) It's for someone else (not related to me), so I'm guaranteed to be much more considerate

Wish me luck. No, you don't have to wish my partner luck. I told you, I'm good when it's for other people! Geesh, don't you listen?


posted by Stephanie at 4:47 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home