Knit Picky: Disruption in the Time-Space Continuum?
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Friday, October 20, 2006

Disruption in the Time-Space Continuum?

Is there some physics I'm missing here? Or is the Kid Silk Haze I'm using for my ISE3 partner's scarf really NOT running out? I mean, I know I'm a slow knitter, and that it's my first lace project (one step forward, 3 rows back), but c'mon!

I'm starting to panic a wee bit. The scarf is supposed to be received by November 1st. And the KSH seems to be going on forever. Help! I still need to block this baby when it's done!

Pictures? Oh, those would be nice here, huh? But I don't currently have any pictures of the scarf. I should, but I don't. Every spare moment when I'm at home is spent working on this scarf. My apartment has become the equivalent of a teenage boy's bedroom (clothes everywhere!) while I dedicate my life to this scarf. It's beautiful and miraculously makes me want to knit a shawl. But not on a freakin' deadline. I'm a nutty nut.

On non-knitting related content, I hate my newish Victoria's Secret bra. Gah. I don't typically buy my bras there since they don't really cater to the, um, busty gals, but need bra + no $ + VS credit card = buy a bra that's a wee bit too small. The stupid straps keep sliding down my shoulders. It's not like my neck slopes straight down to my hands. What the heck?

Also, the dumb thing keeps unhooking itself. Explain to me why the wretched thing has straps that NEED to hook in the back when it doesn't hook in the front! It's not a 'convertible' bra. What is up with that? Today while driving I looked down and the left cup appeared to be trying to escape through my shirt. Huh? Stupid thing was unhooked again. And I don't have the dexterity to fix it without removing my shirt and turning the whole thing around. Blah.

I should get going. It's my dear sweet hubby's birthday (32) and I'm taking him out to dinner. Somewhere. And he's buying me yarn tomorrow. (Yep, happy birthday to him.) More about that later. I'm so excited!


posted by Stephanie at 5:32 PM

2 Comments:

  • Hi Stephanie! I just saw the photo of your Shalom Blanket via the Irvine Knitting Meetup Group. The colors and design of the blanket are absolutely beautiful!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 PM  

  • Hiya, I found your blog through the post on the ISE3 blog... I've fallen in love with the pin that was sticking in the scarf you made. Would you mind sharing with me where you got it? It is soooo totally my style that I absolutely positively need to have one!!

    Cheers Eva - sweetpea@sweet-p.net

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home