Knit Picky: Never Thought I'd See The Day
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Friday, December 22, 2006

Never Thought I'd See The Day

I didn't think it was possible, but it is. I have reached maximal chocolate ingestion capacity.

You have to bear in mind that I work in a marketing department at a university--the holidays are a minefield of cookies, candy, giant gooey-caramel apples (I kid you not), cakes and the like presented by various vendors trying to assure our business in the coming year. Not that I ever look at a tin of peanut brittle and think, "Hey, we should totally use XYZ Printers again next year. Their holiday cookies kick ass!"

All day I have been craving salty foods. I think that this is more than just a need to counterbalance the sweet; I may have some kind of sodium deficiency resulting from too many cookies eaten over the last two weeks (and two whole pounds gained!).

Now, should someone present me with a pecan pie over the next couple of days, all bets are off, of course. But for now it's a lunch of chicken teriyaki and steamed rice. Mmmm.

As promised, pictures of THE HAUL from the bag sale at the beginning of the month. You know, when it's all spread out like this, it sure looks like I got a lot...

The Haul
Clicky and read the notes for details

Here are some close-up beauty shots of some of the goods

Noro
Yeah, maybe if the flash weren't so bright I could tell you what type of yarn this is, but ooh! look at the pretty colors

Douce Anny_closer
Mmmmmm polyamide mmmmmm

Seriously. Click thru to my Flickr page for details on the yarns. I am a lucky, lucky girl. Wanna know how much I saved?* $510 -- because I am the (wo)man!

*When I said this to The Boy his response was, "I'd rather know how much you spent." Way to underappreciate my deal-shopping prowess. Geesh.


posted by Stephanie at 1:35 PM

6 Comments:

  • hahahaha... The Boy had exactly the same reaction as I had :) How much did ya spend :) Not that I'd tell ya off, but you know, me is just curious :)

    Cheers Eva

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:54 PM  

  • Dude, he would so get a dirty look from me for that. Nice photos!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM  

  • Holy Shit!! You SCORED!

    By Blogger ~Kristie, at 6:15 PM  

  • What a great haul! Your ready to go with the YFC!. Glad my little challenge could help you get such a nice stash enhancement.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM  

  • STALE!

    By Blogger Jen, at 3:01 PM  

  • test

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home