Knit Picky: Disneyana, part II
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Disneyana, part II

Oh! I can't believe I forgot to mention one of my favorite things from our trip to the magic kingdom. That would be the girl sitting in front of us on the tram on the way back to the parking structure. The girl with the Princess Leia buns earmuffs. Don't know what I'm talking about? Why, that would be the next fashion sensation that I'm seriously considering embracing!

princessleiahair
Not a great picture, but the only one I could find in my short search on the Internets


And now for my last Disney thing -- I promise.

winniethepooh


I am a big Winnie the Pooh fan. My car has Pooh bear floor mats, steering wheel cover, pins stuck into the ceiling, little hanging doodads all over--the ultimate fan's car* (except for the Winnie the Pooh -- alone -- license plate frame I've yet to find). I've been trying for years to find a Winne the Pooh antenna ball. I look every time we go to Disneyland, or to the Disney store. Someone finally told me that they don't make or sell them.

Then while in Chester, England we went to the Disney store to get a gift for The Boy's faux pa** who is a huge Mickey Mouse fan. And lo! I found a WtP antenna ball. My search was over, my car decor was almost complete (except for the license plate frame).

And then last week, while driving on the freeway, a large piece of cardboard flew up from the roadway and hit my antenna. Taking Pooh with it. !!!!

So now a desperate plea for you international types: if you know of anyplace online that I can find one or if you ever find yourself in a Disney shop and see WtP gracing an antenna ball--will you get me one?!!?!?! I will reward you somehow. But I need my antenna ball back. He is so missed. [sob]


*Once when taking my car to the dealer, I got out and the service guy got in to check the mileage. He laughed and said, "Wow, your kids must love riding in your car!" I looked him directly in the eye and told him, "I don't have any kids." I'm not sure who he was more embarrassed for, me or himself.

**faux pa = The Boy's father's partner; you know, 'faux' as in not really his dad!


posted by Stephanie at 4:40 PM

4 Comments:

  • That was both a horrible and a wonderful pun.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 8:37 PM  

  • I just brought an antenna ball back from Disneyworld to give to my friend who also LOVES pooh! Next time we go to DisneyWorld I'll pick one up for you (but it may not be until 2008). sorry

    By Blogger ~Kristie, at 9:00 PM  

  • So, my brother's partner= "Faux Bro"
    (say it out loud.) Hey, I rhyme!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 PM  

  • Those earmuffs are hilarious!

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home