Knit Picky: Well, What Do You Know? -- A Fly By
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Well, What Do You Know? -- A Fly By

I have been trying to get into blogger for two weeks and it has frozen up my computer. Gah! So....yeah.

I survived the holidays; in fact, I rather enjoyed them. I took some time off work that was desperately needed for mental resuscitation and I did almost nothing except read and eat. Bad for Weight Watchers, good for my mental health.

So I will need to come back here and post more soon. I really didn't think it would let me in, so this is really sort of an accidental post.

Suffice to say, things are good. I realized that today I've been married for 7 months already. How did that happen? I'm swamped at work, naturally, and exhausted when I get home. I need to get back to the gym (see above paragraph about holiday and post-holiday eating frenzy). I'm in the home stretch on Le Clapotis. I've been excessively good on the not buying yarn front since December 1 (um, the outrageous bag sale--see below).

I joined Rebekah's Yarn Focus Challenge '07 and am feeling confident that I can do this. I might not like it much (I <3 sock yarn!), but I think I can do it. That's about the extent of the excitement in my life lately. Ooh, and my friend took me to a swap meet--my first ever (yeah, I'm sheltered) and I scored 3 cool necklaces for the grand total of $6. Woohoo! I'm wearing one right now and I lurrrrve it.

That's about it. I know, earth-shattering excitement. I hope you are all doing well. I'm still trying to catch up on blogs (didn't read those during my holiday break either; in fact, didn't use the computer at all--lovely). I really will try to post more soon. There are all kinds of knits that I would like to tackle in '07 and obviously I'll be working on stash with the YFC in full effect come Monday.

Oh, and I'm most definitely NOT watching the president speak tonight. I'd like to have a good evening. Me and Bones will curl up with Clapotis, a cat and some tea.

Mmmmm. Sloth--my favorite deadly sin.


posted by Stephanie at 1:23 PM

6 Comments:

  • Blogger has been such a pain lately!

    7 months, I had to smile. I feel like I"ve been married about 7 months, but it's been over 10 years now. It's amazing how time flies.

    Have a great evening!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 PM  

  • Me gots one word for ya: Wordpress... a lot nicer than blogger and it won't not let you in and things like that.

    Good to see ya post :)

    Cheers Eva

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:32 PM  

  • Blogger is such a pain in the arse sometimes, but that's what you get for free.

    DH & I just joined a gym because since I married him 3 yrs ago, I've really packed on the pounds! I've got about 35 pounds to lose this year I think (I'll know better once I get on the scale). Good luck with getting back on track!

    By Blogger ~Kristie, at 3:57 PM  

  • Someday you'll be able to read my blog- when Blogger is kind enough to LET you.
    Sigh.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:37 PM  

  • Nice to see you posting again :)

    I made up for you not buying wool this week by buying heaps in a sale (well they were selling great NZ-made 14ply at NZ$3 a ball in a sale and who could resist!) That's approx US$1.50 (maybe closer to $1.60 as we have a high $ at the mo).

    And our govt wants us to buy NZ made - so what could I do!? :)

    We did hear all about what Bush said - caused a bit of a furore here when the duty minister (NZ is still shut down as it is our summer holiday) said out loud what pretty much the whole country thinks of the "new" plan. Unfortunately his comments were not thought to be particularly diplomatic, and we are still under pressure over our nuclear-free policy (which ain't gonna change anytime soon :) ). The more senior Govt figures didn't make him apologise for what he said though - he just had to make it clear that it was his personal opinion and not the govt's. The Govt hasn't made any comment on it (probably because knowing the people concerned they all agree with the too-honest minister).

    Have a good week :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:27 AM  

  • I think perhaps Blogger is getting ready to give you Blogger Beta, which is a good move. I was having horrible troubles with Blogger for a few days before they offered me Blogger Beta. I made the switch and have had absolutely no problems!

    Until then, just try to struggle through it. It's a pain.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home