Knit Picky: Overcommitted? Not me!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Overcommitted? Not me!

So I've joined the Hogwart's Sock Swap. I need another swap like I need (another) hole in the head (see dental dramas below), but it's for Hogwarts! A Harry Potter theme!

There was no way that I was going to miss it if I could make it in. And I did! Barely. I was #99 to sign up. Gulp!

Below is the questionnaire for my witch or wizard pal, so that he/she can get to know a little more about me and my sock quirks. And if you're reading this secret magical pal--thanks in advance for what is sure to be a wonderful experience!

Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionnaire

1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
The greatest, most fabulous one there is--Gryffindor! Along with HP himself and my husband The Boy (what? we love the books and have taken the quiz before!)

2. Shoe size?
US women's 9

3. Foot Length?
From the tip of my big toe, to the back of my heel is precisely 10"

4. Foot Circumference?
A comfortable 9"

5. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.

a. 6" Crystal Palace bamboo--I don't really use anything else on a regular basis

b. I like the flexibility of the 5" Bryspun plastics, but only used them once, last year when traveling to the UK (airline restrictions being what they are, and without access to floo powder, a reliable broomstick or a usable portkey--sadly I don't even possess the ability to apparate yet!).

c. ...hmmm. I've never tried anything else. The only one I don't particularly like is Clover brand because they are so bendy that I feel as though they will snap at any moment.

6. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length?
I would love to! I prefer the warmth of wood dpns. I have always wanted to try the ebony or rosewood needles. Longer than 6" seems to be too fiddly for me. I've never knit with anything smaller than a 1 (of which I have one set of CP dpns), so maybe it's time to try that? My favorites are size US2.

7. If you are a RAVENCLAW, do you prefer the colors in the film or the book? Do you have a strong preference?
This doesn't apply to me, but I would love to see what both options look like knit up!

8. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?
For sure!

That does it for the questionnaire, but I hope that my secret magical pal will email me with any questions that I haven't answered. Can't wait to get started!


posted by Stephanie at 4:12 PM

2 Comments:

  • Good Morning! (Sorry to post this on your blog, but when I emailed you it came back to me.)

    I am really looking forward to being your sock swap pal! This is
    going to be a blast!

    I do have a couple of questions -

    Do you have a fiber preference or allergies? How tall do you like the
    cuffs of your socks? Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks, and what's
    your favorite? Coffee or tea? Am I asking too many questions?

    Have a great day! By the way, cool blog design!

    e-mail me at techknit (at) gmail (dot) com so I have a good e-mail addy for you. Thanks!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:01 AM  

  • Hey, overcommitted. You hangin' in there?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home