Knit Picky: If A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words, Y'all, This Is My Freakin' Novel
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

If A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words, Y'all, This Is My Freakin' Novel

How the heck has it been almost a month?? It's not like I live a wild, jet-setting life (I just typed 'jest' instead of 'jet', which is much closer to the truth).

So...to try to catch me/you up on things, here is my life in pictures for the last couple of months.

casual koigu socks

Finished Bigfoot Socks! And how do you not show your appreciation?

don't make her mad

By taunting an evil beastie. Know why?

Here's a hint:

Nooooooooo

Yeah, she caught a loop right on her sharp little teeth. Not the koigu!! Sob.

Stitches Goodies

Goodies from Stitches West. Clicky through to Flickr for details on the yarns (all sock yarns, natch).

I also got this awesome sock pattern at Lisa Souza's booth. It looks like entrelac, but it's created in a totally different way.

awesome pattern

I survived the Yarn Focus Challenge for 2007, but only just! Here's a sneak peek at the goodies I sent to my pal at KniTV.

Lookee inside

That's Inca Alpaca. Her favorite colors are red and black, so all the goodies are those colors (except the yarn, because the shop I was at didn't have it in those shades). The rest of the package is full of chocolate and coffee-scented and -flavored yumminess.

And not to be vain, but I was really proud of these:

Stitch Markers_red2

I also got my package from my super-generous YFC pal, Mindy at SwimMomKnits.

YFC07_gift_plus

Peeps, that's Trekking in the front. Check out those colors! Behind that is a skein of Cascade 220--which I've been really wanting to check out since everyone raves about it. And behind that is a yarn I'd never heard of before--Dream in Color. 100% Australian merino, and it is just luscious. The color is a semi-solid, which you can really see here:

yummy yarn & markers_close

The colors are amazing! And look at those unbelievably beautiful stitch markers. Oooh.

And--yeah, there's still more...

Molina

Yeah, it's a terrible picture. 100% cotton, GGH Molina. Geez, I was so spoiled by Mindy!! And I've been such a loser, not posting this sooner.

Other sock yarns that I've acquired and not shown off yet.

other sock yarns

Click thru for the details on each.

Cat pictures!

cat in a box

She let herself into the DVD cabinet behind the TV. This is right after we moved, before all the electronics were set up.

And playing with the trapped kitty...

jail kitty

Give it

She knocked over a basket of cotton yarn--on purpose, I think.

cotton cat2

I got this white flat thing at IKEA. It has a tail. I call it Flat Cat. She must destroy Flat Cat, it seems!

eat the flat cat

BABY!

My cousin popped and this gorgeous little boy was the result. ;)

I am in love. This is baby B at 1-1/2 weeks old.

Baby B

hello everyone

Tap fists, dude!

yum

tuckered out

Jess & B

Mama and B

i am a football

got milk_outfit

I couldn't resist this little outfit for B

Can you tell I'm a proud Auntie?? Technically I think B is my second cousin (his mother is my first cousin), but she and I decided that since I've got 31 years on him, I am practically his aunt. I am so smitten. I have plastered my cube in pictures of little B and have queued up an insane amount of knitting for him.

Baby B & Auntie S_smile

Me & B

And, possibly the best baby picture ever! He looks drunk. Hee hee. Drunk baby.

drunken baby2

So, there you go. You're caught up. Well, almost. There are a few new skeins of yarn (I know--I've gone nuts), and I just finished my ISE4 pal's scarf last night. It just needs steaming and blocking. I ordered the sock yarn yesterday for my Hogwart's sock swap pal. I've been reading like a maniac, so I haven't gotten tons of knitting done lately.

I'll try to be a better blogger. When I get behind with pictures, though, I tend to feel like I have to be interesting and post everything I have taken photos of for weeks. And that takes time that I usually just don't have.

This post has been in progress for days, in between work projects and on breaks. More blogging to come...


posted by Stephanie at 3:52 PM

7 Comments:

  • First, I am so glad you enjoyed your YFC package.

    The stitch markers you made look awesome!

    Aunt duty is the best. Spoil them and send them home.

    By Blogger Mindy, at 9:26 AM  

  • That is an amazing cache of yarn. Such gorgeous colors! The socks look great! Have fun with the baby knitting - it's good stuff.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 AM  

  • now, we're soonly approaching the time when I'm going to need your address so I can send you stuff. Would you be so kind as to e-mail me at techknit at gmail dot com?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:15 AM  

  • Wow what great pictures, and great yarn! I love the Dream in Colors it is incredibly luscious.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

  • Tag: you're it.

    SD & her blog

    By Blogger Susan, at 4:06 PM  

  • okay, so he is taunting a clawless cat. . .there is less concern there.

    i miss her. i was just talking about her with someone yesterday and about she is the only cat i will ever love (since sheba and spats my childhood cats) and there is no equal.

    she really was the best part of my life for 4 years. when all other things went dark she was my love and my baby.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:59 PM  

  • Tagged?

    Oh, ALRIGHT.

    *sigh*

    By Blogger Spinsanity, at 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home