Knit Picky: Memememememe
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Memememememe

I was tagged for a meme! Is it pathetic how excited this makes me? I'm like that totally uncool kid in high school who is excited just to have her existense acknowledged by the in-crowd.

Susan at Knitter's Delight tagged me.

Here's the rules: Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those who are tagged need to write on their own blog those 7 facts as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and to read your blog.

So here are my facts:

1. I met my husband on Match.com. I wasn't even looking for someone; I just registered for the free account so I could read the profiles for fun. They would frequently send me matches that I would scan and delete. Until the day I got his. We were a 96% match. I emailed my sister and told her 'this is the guy I'm going to marry' before I ever chatted with him. And four years later, I did.

2. I have lots of food texture issues. There are many things I won't eat because of their texture--like jicama. And I won't eat lettuce on or in anything other than salads.

3. I'm the oldest of five girls. My oldest little sister is 28. Then they go 11, 10, and 7.

4. I am pretty sure I'm one of the slowest knitters in the world. It takes me ages to do anything, and I do almost exclusively small projects for that reason. The sad thing is, I knit ALL THE TIME, too.

5. Twice in my life I've met people who I just knew I was destined to be friends with. The first was several years ago at another friend's party, and that woman was my maid of honor at my wedding last June. The second was last year, and I can see us being friends forever, raising our (future) kids together.

6. I am a huge fan of books. The smell, the tacticle experience, and especially the stories (though I can't knit at the same time as I read, leading me to have to make tough choices sometimes between the two). Lately I've become a fan of what many might consider odd or macabre books on forensics. It all started with Mary Roach's Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers. Right now I'm reading Death's Acre, by Bill Bass, creator of the Body Farm at the University of Tennessee. I have amassed quite a long list in this genre. I think that people may be looking at me askance when they see me reading this stuff, waiting for me to snap.

7. I cry when I read stories of anything bad happening to children or pets. I just can't handle those stories. Naturally I get upset about things that happen to adults, but it's the little ones and the animals that really get to me.

Okay, so I'm tagging:
Rebekah at Knit-Knack
Madalyn at Unravel Me
Christine at Knitting Virgin
Julie at Fickleknitter
Mindy at Swim Mom Knits
Eva at From Sheep to Shawls and Socks
Shannon at Stitchy Fingers

And Kristie at Guilty Pleasures --you were only saved by the fact that you recently did almost the exact same meme on your blog! :)

posted by Stephanie at 9:27 AM

7 Comments:

  • What fun to learn more about you! I'll play along next time I blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:43 PM  

  • wait a sec, you were married last June?? So was I! Happy upcoming anniversary!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:09 PM  

  • Glad to know I am not the only one who can't read and knit at the same time. I can watch tv or talk, but not read.

    By Blogger Mindy, at 1:32 PM  

  • Aw, thanks for the tag!!!! This is a fun meme!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:03 PM  

  • Thanks for participating and so quickly. It was great reading about you. My boyfriend loves to smell books - you're not alone. lol

    S.D.

    By Blogger Susan, at 3:18 PM  

  • OK, so I'm REALLLLLLLy bad at memes. I'll get mine up next week! I still crack up each time I see the drunk baby drooling picture. LOVE that kid, oh he's so cute!

    By Blogger Christine, at 10:59 AM  

  • Whew! That was close. There the 7 thing and the 8 things going around. You got lucky and only had to do 7!!

    I can't believe you met your husband on Match.com. Why in hell aren't you two on the commercials???

    I'm also the eldest of 5 kids, but the youngest is a boy.

    It was so fun reading new things about you.

    By Blogger ~Kristie, at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home