Knit Picky: Hogwart's TWO, the Return of the Sock Needles
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hogwart's TWO, the Return of the Sock Needles

Circumstances beyond my control kept me from posting yesterday, so I apologize to everyone that I may have let down--Freaky Friday fans and Hogwart's swappers alike.

I was meant to have posted the answers to the Hogwart's Sock Swap TWO before today. And I was meant to tell you that sign ups for the sock swap began TODAY if you would like to sign up for Hogwart's I. Le sigh. Life. It is so complicated. To all Hufflepuffs everywhere, I apologize!

Okay, guilt aside, here goes the questionnaire...

1) What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into?
This go round the Sorting Hat saw fit to place me in HUFFLEPUFF!

2) Shoe size? Foot length? Foot circumference?
I wear a bog standard US Women's size 9 shoe. My foot is 9.25" from back of heel to base of toes. My foot circumference is also 9.25".

3) List your three favorite sock yarns.
a. Koigu
b. Lorna's Laces
c. Artyarns


4) Would you like to try a new brand of sock yarn? If so, which brand?
Absolutely! I'm open to trying anything new. My dream yarns to try are the world-famous STR, Yarn Pirate and Sweet Georgia Yarns.

5) Do you prefer variegated or solid sock yarn?
I am a huge fan of variegated and handpainted yarns. If they are solid, I prefer the semi-solids that still have subtle changes from stitch to stitch. I am not really a fan of self-patterning yarns--I think it detracts from the challenge and excitement that you get of seeing what pops up with a variegated yarn.

6) What colors would you like to add to your sock yarn stash?
Red, teal (not turquoise, but a blue-teal), orange, blues. Really, just about anything. I just love me some sock yarn. :)

7) What kind of sock patterns do you gravitate toward? Lace? Ribbed? Fair Isle?
I tend to do lace or ribbed. I haven't actually made that many pairs of socks yet, but the ones that catch my eye the most use creative patterning and stitchery.

8) Do you have any allergies? (smoke, animals, etc.)
I'm allergic to cats, but I have two of them, so that's certainly no deterrent! I am really sensitive to smoke, though. And the only yarn that I have ever sworn off is angora. It is lovely and soft, but it makes my nose itch like mad!

9) Will your socks be exposed to cigarette smoke or animals as you knit them?
As I mentioned above, I do have two cats. The cats are always involved with the knitting--as observers, mostly. But I always handwash 1-2x before I send any gift knitting.

10) Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal?
I think that would be fun.

There you have it, folks. I'm looking forward to HSSII--I hope you are, too.

P.S. We just returned from seeing HP:OOTP and really liked it! Unfortunately so much of the book had to be cut out, but I thought they did a really nice job with what they could squeeze into the time. Was anyone else just shocked when they showed the flashback to young COS Harry vs. current-day Harry? Wow, he sure has grown. :)


posted by Stephanie at 11:29 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home