Knit Picky: Awwwwww, Shucks!
 


"properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit...
 and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either."
~elizabeth zimmerman

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Awwwwww, Shucks!

You guys are so sweet! I feel so lucky to have such kind and thoughtful virtual friends. And who knew there were so many of you! Like, 8 or something!

I'm so happy to be back. I really have missed you. I even have a long-ish post in the works, but I don't think it's going to make it today. That would be because I had a doctor's appointment this morning that should have taken about 1 hour from beginning to arrival at work and instead took 2-1/2 hours from beginning to end and arrival at work. Le sigh.

Advice to you, my dear friends: if your doctor's office tells you the day before your appointment that they can move your appointment from 4:30pm to 9:30am and to the office closer to your work, make sure they also tell the doctor this. Mine didn't.

I was there at 9:30. My doctor was there at 10:15.

And she was totally unprepared to meet with me. I had had an MRA (like an MRI but of the blood vessels instead of the brain tissues), and she didn't have the report, hadn't looked at the CD yet and couldn't tell me very much. So instead I sat there even longer while she viewed the CD in her office and the lab faxed over the report to tell her that I am, in fact, fine.

You know, I'd kind of figured that out. Because if I had an incipient aneurysm on the horizon? It would have blown while I was waiting this morning!!

Ahem.


posted by Stephanie at 3:13 PM

1 Comments:

  • I hate that! I just had an appointment with an allergist that my regular doctor referred me to. But did they forward my files to the allergist? Nope. And when my allergist called -- during my appointment, mind you -- to get my files faxed over, it took them a whole freakin' hour to walk from their filing cabinet to the fax machine. Grrr.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home